Calm ocean breezes, stunning sunsets, sandy beaches…
These provide the perfect backdrop for a relaxing lifestyle. While coastal living is a dream for many, it comes with a set of challenges. Living on the coast means that you are more susceptible to severe weather conditions such as tropical storms and hurricanes.
One of the essential components of coastal living is having impact windows, which are specially designed to withstand harsh coastal weather conditions.
In this blog, we will discuss how impact windows can provide sufficient protection for your home.
What are Impact Windows?
They are also known as hurricane windows and are specially designed to withstand strong winds and the impact of flying debris. They are made with multiple layers of glass, which are fused with a special adhesive.
The glass used in impact windows is usually tempered or laminated, which makes it more resistant to breaking. These windows are also designed to stay intact even if they do break. This prevents shards of glass from flying into your home.
Benefits of Impact Windows:
- Protection from the fury of Mother Nature: In 2022 the U.S. mainland coast experienced three instances of hurricanes making landfall. Hurricanes are a common occurrence in coastal areas and they can cause significant damage to homes and properties. Impact windows are designed to withstand extreme weather events, protecting your home and family.
- Enhanced Security: Impact windows provide additional security for your home by making it more difficult for intruders to break in. The multiple layers of impact resistant glass and special adhesive used make them much more difficult to break than traditional windows. This acts as a major deterrent for potential burglars and prevents forced entry.
- Noise Reduction: Having a home near the coast can mean dealing with noisy conditions, including traffic, seagulls, and crashing waves. Impact windows can help reduce the noise levels in your home. They help in creating a more peaceful and relaxing environment.
- Energy Efficiency: The multiple layers of glass in impact windows help to insulate your home, keeping it warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. This can help reduce your utility bills and make your home more comfortable. Thus, impact windows aren’t just an expenditure but an investment that can save you a lot in the long run.
- Raises Property Value: Insurance companies tend to lower the premium of the homes installed with impact resistant windows. Moreover, potential home buyers are often willing to pay a higher price for such property. This is because this provides them peace of mind that they are protected from extreme weather conditions.
Investing in hurricane impact windows is a wise decision for coastal homeowners, as they offer a plethora of long-term benefits. They are well worth the investment as they can provide exceptional protection for your home all year long.
Windpact offers high-quality impact windows in West Palm Beach, FL. Our sturdy windows provide unparalleled protection against hurricanes and fierce Florida winds.
Moreover, Our window installation services are efficient, and affordable, so you can enjoy the benefits of impact windows without breaking the bank. So, be proactive and get your impact windows in West Palm Beach today!